Registration is Closed. Donations continue to be accepted for the 2021 Triangle LUNGe Event until Dec 31, 2021. Thank you for your support!
Triangle LUNGe Forward
2 Mile Walk & Celebration
Saturday, September 18, 2021
8:00AM | New Location - North Carolina Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC
Join us for the Triangle LUNGe Forward 2 Mile Walk & Celebration! Although this year's event may look a little differently, our commitment to the lung cancer community remains unchanged. Whether you choose to walk in-person at the grounds of the NC Museum of Art, register online and walk in your neighborhood, or lounge for lung cancer, you will make a difference!
The Triangle LUNGe Forward will be a day of celebration and remembrance, as well as a day to take action and provide hope to those impacted by lung cancer. However you choose to participate, your support will make an impact in the fight against lung cancer.
Trouble Registering? Download the Site User Guide Below!
Social Media Graphics
Registration Pricing & Details
Adult - (Age 21 years old+.) - $30.00
Youth/Student - (Age 20 years old or younger.) -$20.00
Lung Cancer Survivor - FREE
Veteran - (Thank you for your service!) - $20.00
Health Care Worker or First Responder - (Thank you for your service!) - $20.00
Lounge for Lung Cancer - (Can’t attend the race or want to participate from your own community? Choose this option and support from wherever you are or stay home in your comfy pajamas on Event Day! We appreciate your support and will mail you your t-shirt after the event.) - $25.00
Event Day Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. - Registration and exhibits open. Survivor drop-in breakfast at the "Survivor, Friends & Family Tent"
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Enjoy a 2-mile walk through the beautiful gardens at the NC Museum of Art at the time of your choosing, visit with our exhibitors, enjoy music and more
9:30 a.m. - Survivor ceremony and guest speakers on-stage
Advanced Packet Pick-up
For your convenience, there will be advanced packet pick-up scheduled. Contactless registration will be available at packet pick-up.
- Thursday, September 16 - from 12:00 - 6:00PM - Omega Sports @ North Hills 4120 Main at North Hills, #145, Raleigh
- Friday, September 17 - from 3:00 to 6:00PM - North Carolina Museum of Art (drive through in parking lot) 2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
Pick up your race packet early and save time on race day! You CAN pick up for your entire team. We will prepare your team bags in advance if you contact us by Thursday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. Email: SOehler@LungCancerInitiativeNC.org with the team name, person picking up the bags and phone number.
- Early-Bird registration will end at Midnight on Saturday, July 31
- The mail-in registration deadline is Monday, September 13
All pre-registrants are guaranteed an event T-Shirt. Pre-registered survivors will receive a survivor shirt. There will be a very limited quantity of shirts available for those who register on event day.
Event Venue Safety Precautions & Guidelines
Due to the ever-changing conditions for health and wellness in our community, we want to assure you that LCI is committed to doing everything possible to ensure a safe event environment for all participants at this year's Triangle LUNGe Forward at the NC Museum of Art. If you are immunocompromised, unvaccinated or uncomfortable for any reason, please consider our online participation options.
We hope you will follow all suggested guidelines to make this event as successful and safe as possible for all:
- If you or your family member is sick or experiencing any symptoms of sickness, you are encouraged to stay home.
- Vaccinations are strongly recommended
- All LCI staff, volunteers and event personnel will be masked-up
- Masks are required for all unvaccinated participants and strongly recommended for all attendees when not on the walk path
- We will have hand sanitizing stations readily available throughout the event
- Extra masks will be on-hand for participants arriving without their own masks
- All food and beverages will be pre-packaged; water on the walk course will be bottled, however, please feel free to also bring your own
- Participate in your family/friend pod and practice social distancing
- The Kids' Dash will not be occurring, but all children will receive a prepackaged goody bag with a kids medal at packet pick-up or at the registration tent
- Event day registration will be contactless
TO BECOME A SPONSOR CONTACT SOEHLER@LUNGCANCERINITIATIVENC.ORG
Lung Cancer Initiative appreciates the severity of COVID-19. As we are dedicated to serving the needs of people with lung cancer and their loved ones, we are closely monitoring the latest developments related to the outbreak and responding accordingly. We will follow all guidelines from the CDC and local officials as it pertains to mass gatherings and social distancing. Event changes will be posted on the homepage of this website and sent to registered participants.
For additional event details visit Event Info.
Thank you for joining our network of hope and action!
Together, there is so much we can do.