Triangle LUNGe Forward
2 Mile Walk & Celebration
Saturday, September 26, 2020
9:00AM to Noon with Registration Opening at 8:45AM
New Venue: North Carolina Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
Join us at our new venue, the North Carolina Museum of Art Outdoor Amphitheater Promenade, located near the main entrance, where we will be hosting our annual Triangle LUNGe Forward 2 Mile Walk & Celebration. Inspired by our new location at the NC Museum of Art, this year’s event will be even more family focused and allow participants to enjoy the beauty of the museum’s trails with their teams, family and friends. It will be a day of celebration and remembrance, as well as a day to take action and provide hope to those impacted by lung cancer.
Event day will include:
- Survivor celebration with a short survivor led walk around the lake
- A two mile walk through the North Carolina Museum of Art beautiful landscape and trails
- Family fun event with team inspired challenges and games
- Event day shirt distribution to all pre-registered participants (guaranteed if registered by September 10, 2020)
- Survivor, Friends & Family exhibit remembering all those we’ve lost to lung cancer, celebrating our survivors and honoring all the caregivers.
- Stories & photos displayed of those we are remembering and honoring (please submit stories & pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kids games and crafts
- Kids dash with kid medals for all that participate
- Sponsor exhibits
- Food & drinks
- Music & dancing
ADULT (ages 10 and over)
Adult Early Bird (Until August 3) $25.00
Adult - (August 4 to Sept 25) $30.00
Adult - (Sept 26 – Event Day) $35.00
10 years old+ registration includes participation in 2 mile walk, Victory Lap around pond led by survivors & all celebration activities.
YOUTH (ages 9 and under)
Youth - (Until Sept 25) $15.00
Youth - (Sept 26 Event Day) $20.00
9 years old or younger registration includes participation in 2 mile walk, Victory Lap around pond led by survivors & all celebration activities.
SURVIVORS (Lung Cancer Survivors)
Registration is FREE (but required) and includes participation in 2 mile walk, Victory Lap around pond led by survivors & all celebration activities.
LOUNGE (can’t attend in person)
Lounge for Lung Cancer - $25.00
Support from your pajamas on Event Day! We will mail you your t-shirt within two weeks of the event.
VIRTUAL (can't make in person but want to be part of the event)
Virtual - $25.00
Participating is easy:
- Run or walk your any distance in your neighborhood, on your treadmill or at your favorite park by September 10.
- Take a selfie with your Click BIB "In Honor," "In Memory," "Survivor" or just tell us why you are participating.
- Be sure to use the hashtags #TriangleLUNGeForward #LUNGeForward
- Ask your friends and family to support your efforts by donating to your page online, joining your team or posting a selfie too!
- Early-Bird registration ends at Midnight on August 3
- Mail-in registration ends Monday, September 21
- Registration will be available at Advanced Packet Pickup and on Race Day for $35/adult & $20/Youth
- See Event Details for Mail-in Registration Form
Lung Cancer Initiative remains dedicated to the health and safety of all of those that we serve. We are following all recommended guidelines from the CDC and local public officials in planning for this event and to ensure appropriate social distancing and safety protocols are in place. We will continue to monitor this evolving guidance and update our participants as needed.