You Can Make a Difference Today
(See Event Details Below)
While we unfortunately cannot hold our regularly scheduled Charlotte LUNGe Forward 5K in-person, we invite you to LUNGe Forward now through June 1 to show your support virtually. We'll also look forward to seeing all participants for a Post Virtual Walk - Celebration of Hope on October 10 at McAlpine Park. See details below.
During this critical time, people diagnosed with lung cancer and their families need our support more than ever. We hope you will join us in "stepping out" to make a difference!
If you have questions or concerns please contact: Sandy at email@example.com
Registration includes participation in both the Virtual Run/Walk and the Celebration of Hope on October 10. If you are already registered for the LUNGe Forward event, there is no need to register again.
Virtual Run & Walk - Now Through June 1, 2020
- Participating is easy: Run or walk your own 5K, 1 mile or any distance in your neighborhood, on your treadmill or at your favorite park by June 1, 2020.
Take a selfie with your bib or just tell us why you are participating. Download your bib here.
Be sure to use the hashtags #CharlotteLUNGeForward #LUNGeForward
Ask your friends and family to support your efforts by donating to your page online, joining your team or posting a selfie too!
Post Virtual Walk - Celebration of Hope on Saturday, October 10, 2020, McAlpine Creek Park
Event will include:
- Family fun event with team inspired challenges and games
- Event day shirt distribution to all pre-registered participants (registered by Sept 24, 2020)
- Survivor, Friends & Family exhibit remembering event co-chair Kelly Keesling and all those we’ve lost to lung cancer
- Stories & photos displayed of those we are remembering and honoring (please submit stories & pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kids games and crafts
- Kids dash with kid medals for all that participate
- Sponsor exhibits
- Food, & drinks
- Music, dancing, speakers
- Survivor celebration event
All registered participants will receive a 2020 GoPlaySave coupon book ($30 Value). If possible, books will be distributed as soon as possible up to August 1, 2020, at a pickup event. Date and details TBD.
All participants registered by September 24 will receive a long sleeve event shirt at the October 10 Charlotte LUNGe Forward Celebration of Hope!
Registration includes participation in both the Virtual Run/Walk and the Celebration of Hope on October 10.
- Adult Registration - $30 & Event Day - $35
- Youth (9 years old & younger) Registration - $15 & Event Day -$20
- Survivors Registration - Free
- Lounge for Lung Cancer - $25 - Miss the event on October 10 & get your shirt shipped to you
Lung Cancer Initiative remains committed to our mission of saving lives and providing support to those affected by lung cancer. Our team is hard at work making revised plans for this event and others that are occurring over the next few weeks and months while keeping the best interests of those we serve at heart. Thank you for your continued support!