Celebrating fifteen years of the Triangle LUNGe Forward, we will have activities for all ages. You can look forward to music, exhibitors, dancing, kids’ activities and much more. All lung cancer survivors receive complimentary registration.
Saturday, September 18, 2021
New Location - North Carolina Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC
8:00 a.m. - Noon
Adult - (Age 21 years old+) - $30.00
Youth/Student - (Age 20 years old or younger) - $20.00
Lung Cancer Survivor - FREE
Veteran - (Thank you for your service!) - $20.00
Health Care Worker or First Responder - (Thank you for your service!) - $20.00
Lounge for Lung Cancer - (Can’t attend the race or want to participate from your own community? Choose this option and support from wherever you are or stay home in your comfy pajamas on Event Day! We appreciate your support and will mail you your t-shirt after the event.) - $25.00
- Early-Bird registration will end at Midnight on Saturday, July 31
- The mail-in registration deadline is Monday, September 13
- Registration will be available at our Advanced Packet Pickup and on Race Day
Mail-in Registration: Click here for Registration Form attached. Send forms to the following address:
Lung Cancer Initiative
5171 Glenwood Ave, Suite 401
Raleigh, NC 27612.
*Survivor registration is complementary but necessary.
Event Day Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. - Registration and exhibits open. Survivor drop-in breakfast at the "Survivor, Friends & Family Tent"
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Enjoy a 2-mile walk through the beautiful gardens at the NC Museum of Art at the time of your choosing, visit with our exhibitors, enjoy music and more
9:30 a.m. - Survivor ceremony and guest speakers on-stage
Advanced Packet Pick-Up
For your convenience, there will be advanced packet pick-up scheduled.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16 - from 12:00 - 6:00PM - Omega Sports @ North Hills 4120 Main at North Hills, #145, Raleigh
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 - from 3:00 to 6:00PM - North Carolina Museum of Art (drive through in parking lot) 2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
Pick up your race packet early and save time on race day! You CAN pick up for your entire team. We will prepare your team bags in advance if you contact us by Thursday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. Email: SOehler@LungCancerInitiativeNC.org with the team name, person picking up the bags and phone number.
All pre-registrants are guaranteed an event t-shirt. Pre-registered survivors will receive a survivor shirt. There will be a very limited quantity of shirts available for those who register on event day.
Event Venue Safety Precautions & Guidelines
Due to the ever-changing conditions for health and wellness in our community, we want to assure you that LCI is committed to doing everything possible to ensure a safe event environment for all participants at this year's Triangle LUNGe Forward at the NC Museum of Art. If you are immunocompromised, unvaccinated or uncomfortable for any reason, please consider our online participation options.
We hope you will follow all suggested guidelines to make this event as successful and safe as possible for all:
- If you or your family member is sick or experiencing any symptoms of sickness, you are encouraged to stay home.
- Vaccinations are strongly recommended
- All LCI staff, volunteers and event personnel will be masked-up
- Masks are required for all unvaccinated participants and strongly recommended for all attendees when not on the walk path
- We will have hand sanitizing stations readily available throughout the event
- Extra masks will be on-hand for participants arriving without their own masks
- All food and beverages will be pre-packaged; water on the walk course will be bottled, however, please feel free to also bring your own
- Participate in your family/friend pod and practice social distancing
- The Kids' Dash will not be occurring, but all children will receive a prepackaged goody bag with a kids medal at packet pick-up or at the registration tent
- Event day registration will be contactless
There is free parking in front and behind the NC Museum of Art. If the lot is full there is parking across the street in the government lots.
Dropoff for volunteers, survivors and those needing additional assitance can be found at the back of the museum between the buildings. See the diagram below.